Crowdfunding for schools is on the rise. If you’re looking for an engaging, healthy fundraising India event for your school, this is it. Candy bars and cookie dough slakes just don’t cut it these days with the rise of obesity and in our students and youth.
As budget tighten and programs get cut, schools are increasingly turning to this 21st-century method of fundraising. Many educators have experienced success with various crowdfunding platforms in India.
Data available with the Maharashtra State Council of Education Research and Training (MSCERT) shows that between July 2015 and December 2016, school teachers in the state managed to raise a whopping Rs 216 crore from the public – funds that have been utilized for revamping the classrooms, building new toilets and on digital initiatives, among others. According to the MSCERT data, Ahmednagar district has ensured the maximum public participation, having raised over Rs 30 crore, followed by Pune (Rs. 19.82 crore), Solapur (19.03 crore), Aurangabad (15.59 crore) and Nashik (14.80 crore).
What are the benefits of crowdfunding India for schools?
- Crowdfunding allows school or PTO organizations to expand its reach and share stories with a greater number of people, all while engaging participants directly in their school fundraising campaign.
- As individuals actively fundraise on your school’s behalf, it decreases the need for staff time, while increasing the connection that the individual has with the school and its mission.
- It is a unique way of empowering students and classrooms to raise funds on their own.
- While it is a superb way to fundraise, it can also help your school ‘friends’ raise as well. When a person participates in a crowdfunding campaign it allows more people to understand the importance of your mission, the lives touched by your school, and the needs that are met through raising vital funds and expanding reach through knowledge and exposure.
- There are many types of events and projects to choose from – simply select what you feel will be a successful campaign for your school and add the crowdfunding component.
- Works for public schools, private schools, charter schools, elementary, middle and high schools, even universities can run a successful campaign with crowdfunding.
- No candy bar or cookie dough sales are needed!
In sum, Crowdfunding websites allows your school to expand its reach and open up new windows of opportunity by engaging students and teachers directly in fundraising.